11 Apr Decision Making By Teams Is Key To Success In The Future of Work
- Small teams of 5 people is the most efficient sized teams for fast decision making (having an odd number minimizes a ‘majority rules’ decision.
- Diversity on the team – diverse ages for example could include in a team of five – one Gen Z, one Millenial, one Gen X, one Baby Boomer and one Traditionalist.
- Disagreement is welcomed and established as a necessary part of team decision making.
- Each individual on the team has high self leadership skills including ability to identify ones own biases, defensiveness and any negative behaviours that would hinder the teams agility to make fast decisions.
- Team leadership creates a safe and open environment where all ideas are welcomed and the end decisions are what’s best for the overall goals.
The best teams consist of highly talented and motivated individuals who are fully accountable to their teams by being open, honest and forthright while honouring the diverse opinions, perspectives and experiences of their team mates.
The rise of AI will influence team decision making by providing real time data to help teams make the most successful decision possible. It is the combination of technology with human insights that will leverage teams to make powerful and impactful decisions that affect clients and employees as move forward to the future.